If you are looking for a warm, chocolate dessert or for a great homemade holiday gift, look no further. These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are easy for anyone to bake and the ingredients make for a colorful and festive Gift in a Jar.
- 1½ c. baker’s sugar
- ¾ c. Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- Wide mouth, 1-quart canning jar
- Medium mixing bowl
- Paper towels
- Wood spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Decorative fabric (optional)
- Gift tag (optional)
- Gather all your supplies and measure and set out your ingredients.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and optional ground cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl and gently stir until ingredients appear evenly distributed.
- Scoop the flour mixture into the canning jar as the first layer. Gently pack down the flour layer. Wipe the interior of the canning jar walls with a paper towel to clean up residue.
- Add the cocoa powder to the canning jar. Gently pack down the cocoa layer. Wipe the interior of the canning jar walls with a paper towel to clean up residue.
- Add the sugar to the canning jar. Gently pack down the sugar layer. Wipe the interior of the canning jar walls with a paper towel to clean up residue.
- TIP: Dry ingredients need to completely fill the canning jar to reduce shifting so that the gift has clearly defined layers. If you need to add sugar to the top of the jar, remove the same amount of sugar from the list of ingredients on your gift tag instructions.
- Close the canning jar and decorate as desired.
- Provide the gift recipient with the mixing and baking instructions or print the pre-made card below.