The Blue Star Card program is available to Army families in Hawaii. It is a “discount and activities program intended to enhance the well being of families during the stressful time of separation from your soldier.” It provides discounts for Family and MWR events, facilities and childcare. Examples of discounts include 10% off on post restaurants, 10% off craft classes, pool passes, bowling fees, and at outdoor recreation, and 12 free days of pet care, and various childcare benefits.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a spouse of an army active duty/reserve/national guard soldier or DA civilian on orders overseas (includes deployment, unaccompanied PCS and TDY)
- if applicable, register your children with Child, Youth and School Services (CYS Services)
To register for your Blue Star Card, bring the following materials to Army Community Services (ACS) at Schofield Barracks or Fort Shafter:
- copy of your spouse’s orders
- your Military ID
- Completed Blue Star Card application (Available online at the Blue Star Card website)
- Completed Photo Release waiver (also online)
For more information, read the Blue Star Card program overview brochure.